Scientifically speaking, marble is a “non-foliated metamorphic rock composed of recrystallized carbonate minerals, most commonly calcite or dolomite.” Geologists use the term “marble” to refer to metamorphosed limestone; however, stonemasons use the term more broadly to encompass unmetamorphosed limestone. Marble is commonly used for sculpture and as a building material.
With this, it can be inferred that marble is one o the most sturdy rocks we have in our planet. Therefore, we can always depend on it when it comes to home decor as marble is now made into tiles.
Marble tiles are well-known for their elaborate and sophisticated beauty. For centuries, marble tiles have been a representation of wealth, giving off superiority and an air of creativity that make the marble tile a preferred choice.
Marble tiles can be found asa common attribute in the Roman and Greek spas of ancient humanity. From Renaissance courtyards in Europe, all the way to Trump Tower in New York City today, marble has been a heavily utilised natural stone.
Marble Tiles are popularly used in:
- Modern Kitchens. A classic black and white marble tile used in the kitchen and laid in a diamond outline is given a new edge by using flecked marble.
- Patio. Marble gives an edge to create your patio with a master’s touch. Marble tiles offer durability with striking good looks.
- Living room. You can do a marble surround of your TV set for example. This is one of the cool ways to elegantly beautify your living area.
- Bathrooms. Marble tiles in the bathroom are best paired with a nice chandelier and a complementary tub for a fresh and appealing look.
- Foyers. Use a colorful marble tile here. You can spice up the foyer with a colorful patchwork of marble tiles.
- Fireplace. You can use white or gray marble placed carefully on your fireplace,and the mantle and floor. Watch out for the marble stains though!
Benefits of our Marble Tile
Marble tiles are usually quarried and cut in places where quality is of high importance, such as Spain, Italy, and Turkey. Marble is also available in a variety of different colors to suit your artistic and practical requirements. Most marble tiles are veined with seams of delicate colour on a varied backdrop of simple tones. They can proffer a subtle or a gallantfeature for an up to datetrendydesign, offering colours such as brown, and beige, white and even red.